In the Spring issue:
– Ms. features a new report that reveals just how deeply the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report definition of rape – in use for the past 80 years – affects rape reporting in the United States.
– Women of the Arab spring: Unsung feminist activists face the aftermath of political upheaval. What’s in store for women in the Arab world?
– Catholic hospitals: Bishops, not doctors, are deciding what’s best for women.
– What would bell hooks say? From Lady Gaga to Twitter to gay marriage, bell hooks opens up about the state of feminism today.
– Preserving the future: Indigenous women are taking on big oil—and winning
– Wichita’s woman physician braving harassment and threats to carry on the work of Dr. Tiller.
– The stakes are particularly high for Wisconsin women—how they’re fighting back against union-busting
– Modern-day Amazons fight big business to save Brazil’s rivers and rainforests