States With ERAs
- “State of Alaska Official Returns by Election Precinct,” State of Alaska, ,1972, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gSHjMDfASkp-YXjpR0VuuHzUr-QHF4vI/view.
- “Declaration of Rights,” UC Hastings Scholarship Repository, accessed June 22, 2022, https://repository.uchastings.edu/ca_ballot_props/790/.
- “For State Assembly — Here’s the Record,” The Desert Sun (Palm Springs, CA), November 4, 1974, https://cdnc.ucr.edu/?a=d&d=DS19741104&e=——-en–20–1–txt-txIN——–1.
- “California State Constitutions,” California State Archives, accessed June 15 2022, https://www.sos.ca.gov/archives/collections/constitutions.
- Robert Pear, “In California, Foes of Affirmative Action See a New Day,” The New York Times, Nov. 7, 1996, https://www.nytimes.com/1996/11/07/us/in-california-foes-of-affirmative-action-see-a-new-day.html.
- Colorado Legislative Council, An Analysis of 1972 Ballot Proposals, Research Publication 185 (1972).
- “Statement of Vote, General Election, November 5, 1974,” State of Connecticut Public Document No. 26, 1974, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t36GMz8WUCryWTHR6JGk9qHNhgumX5z3/view.
- H.B. 1, 150th G.A. (Del. 2019), https://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail/27046.
- “November 3,1998 General Election,” Florida Department of State, accessed August 8, 2022, https://results.elections.myflorida.com/?ElectionDate=11/3/1998&DATAMODE=.
- “Referenda and Primary Election Materials, Part 50: Referenda Elections for Hawaii,” Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, 2002, http://hawaii.concon.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ICPSR-ReferendaElectionsForHawaii-1968-1990-DS50-Codebook.pdf.
- Frank Kopecky and Mary Sherman Harris, Understanding the Illinois Constitution, Illinois Bar Foundation, 2001.
- “Iowa General Election – November 3, 1998,” Iowa Secretary of State, 1998, https://www.google.com/url?q=https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/pdf/10-8.pdf&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1659047844013440&usg=AOvVaw0zQ2X_NSrAJ4x8U6FrfqCO.
- “Maryland Constitution,” State of Maryland, https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/43const/html/00dec.html.
- “Elections: Statewide Ballot Questions,” Massachusetts Secretary of State, https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elebalm/balmresults.html#year1976.
- “Proposed 1972 Constitution for the State of Montana: Official Text with Explanation,” Montana Constitutional Convention, https://sosmt.gov/Portals/142/Elections/archives/1970s/1972_VIP.pdf?dt=1523477333219.
- “Manual for the General Court,” New Hampshire Secretary of State, 1975, https://archive.org/details/manualforgeneral44newh/mode/1up?view=theater.
- Susanne Burkes, “‘Equal Rights’ To Bring Change,” Albuquerque Journal, November 14, 1972, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q6j6C_siA16yDXhjwDMLjN0N0kwof_zl/view?usp=sharing.
- “Piecemeal Amendment of the Constitution of New Mexico 1911 to 2014,” New Mexico Legislative Council Service, 2014, https://www.google.com/url?q=https://nmlegis.gov/Publications/New_Mexico_State_Government/Piecemeal_Amendment_Dec2014.pdf&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1655847452435322&usg=AOvVaw1R-qAX6T6Kz2aKaniRWDGz.
- “2014 General Election Results,” Oregon Secretary of State, accessed August 8, 2022, http://records.sos.state.or.us/ORSOSWebDrawer/Recordhtml/6873735.
- “Ballot Questions and Proposed Amendments to the Pennsylvania Constitution,” General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Joint State Government Commission, 1998, http://jsg.legis.state.pa.us/resources/documents/ftp/publications/1998-75-BALLOT%20QUESTIONS%20REPORT.pdf.
- Gary Mayk, “Governor to Appoint Student Trustee,” The Daily Collegian, May 15, 1971, https://panewsarchive.psu.edu/lccn/sn85054904/1971-05-15/ed-1/seq-1/.
- SJR 16, 62nd R.S. (Tex. 1972), https://lrl.texas.gov/legis/billsearch/amendmentDetails.cfm?amendmentID=331&legSession=62-0&billTypedetail=SJR&billNumberDetail=16.
- “Constitution of the State of Utah 1896,” Utah State Archives, https://archives.utah.gov/research/exhibits/Statehood/ordinance7.htm.
- “1970 – Question 1,” Virginia Department of Elections, https://historical.elections.virginia.gov/ballot_questions/view/3526/.
- “Making the Case for the Equal Rights Amendment” (2019), https://acluva.org/en/news/making-case-equal-rights-amendment.
- “November 1972 General Election Results,” Washington Secretary of State, https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/results_report.aspx?e=41&c=&c2=&t=&t2=5&p=&p2=&y=.
- “Constitution of the State of Wyoming,” Wyoming Secretary of State, https://sos.wyo.gov/Forms/Publications/WYConstitution.pdf.
States With Limited Gender Equality Provisions
- “2010 General Election,” Arizona Secretary of State, https://apps.azsos.gov/election/2010/General/ElectionInformation.htm.
- “Louisiana’s Constitutions: 1974,” Law Library of Louisiana, https://lasc.libguides.com/c.php?g=967774&p=6994446.
- “2006 Michigan Official General Election Results,” Michigan Secretary of State, https://mielections.us/election/results/06GEN/.
- “Official Results of Nebraska General Election – November 4, 2008,” Nebraska Secretary of State, https://sos.nebraska.gov/sites/sos.nebraska.gov/files/doc/elections/2008/2008%20General%20Canvass%20Book.pdf.
- Tom O’Connor, “UNMC learns more on diversity post Initiative 424,” University of Nebraska Medical Center, March 27, 2009, https://www.unmc.edu/news.cfm?match=5530.
- Christopher Burbach, “No vote this year, but efforts to repeal Nebraska’s affirmative action ban will continue,” The Omaha World Herald, July 27, 2020, https://omaha.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/no-vote-this-year-but-efforts-to-repeal-nebraskas-affirmative-action-ban-will-continue/article_769c597a-63b9-5126-978e-82316c957064.html.
- “Result of the General Election Held November 4th, 1947,” New Jersey Secretary of State, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjgl9rntZ75AhV0GjQIHZTfCsUQFnoECAQQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnj.gov%2Fstate%2Felections%2Fassets%2Fpdf%2Felection-results%2F1920-1970%2F%2F1947-general-election.pdf&usg=AOvVaw34KuzQLtldEeEGClEa4YgV.
- “Referenda Elections for Rhode Island,”Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, 2002, https://cdn.ballotpedia.org/images/0/07/Referenda_Elections_for_Rhode_Island_1968-1990.pdf&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1659111503090661&usg=AOvVaw1XJjuXBNFgj0Mxxtlm-fz5.
- John Kiffney, “Convention delegates offer first resolutions Seashore rights, recall method are among ideas aired,” The Providence Journal, January 28, 1986, https://infoweb-newsbank-com.proxy.library.georgetown.edu/apps/news/document-view?p=WORLDNEWS&docref=news/1525BCD22628C4B0.
States With Active State ERA Ratification Efforts
- Equal Rights Maine, https://www.equalrightsmaine.org/.
- Resolution, Proposing an Amendment to the Constitution of Maine To Explicitly Prohibit Discrimination Based on the Sex of an Individual, LD 433 (2019) https://legislature.maine.gov/LawMakerWeb/summary.asp?ID=280071244.
- ERA Minnesota, https://www.eramn.org/.
- Victoria Antram, “Nevada voters will decide whether to add an equal rights amendment to the state constitution,” The Center Square, March 29, 2021, https://www.thecentersquare.com/nevada/nevada-voters-will-decide-whether-to-add-an-equal-rights-amendment-to-the-state-constitution/article_32533af8-90ab-11eb-877d-6312e94073d8.html.
- Grace Ashford, “New York Moves to Enshrine Abortion Rights in State Constitution,” New York Times, July 1, 2022, https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/01/nyregion/abortion-ny-state-law.html.
- Katharine Bodde & Annie Zegers, “What You Need to Know About New York’s Equal Rights Amendment,” NYCLU, July 22, 2022, https://www.nyclu.org/en/news/what-you-need-know-about-new-yorks-equal-rights-amendment.
- April McCullum, “Virginia just ratified the Equal Rights Amendment. Where does Vermont stand?” Burlington Free Press, January 16, 2022, https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/politics/2020/01/16/equal-rights-amendment-era-vermont-stance/4487012002/.
- PR 4 (2019), https://legislature.vermont.gov/bill/status/2020/PR.4.